Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Feel Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeat!



I know this is way off topic but it makes me laugh, so I though I would share. Sorta the way you feel after a great session -- sharing the stoke.

Today I sailed 5.7 WAY overpowered at Pt. Isabel. The meter was reading 17, but there is no doubt in my mind that I should have been on a 5.0. My ankles were killing me, I wish I had my straps more outboard for super powered days like that. I know I passed a couple of jets. (Not really, I'm always the slowest guy on the water... ha!) I sorta love that spot, but I'm not really sure why. One of these days I'll write it up.

Oh and BTW, 5.7's feel HUGE now. A year ago, I was thought my 6.0 felt tiny and twitchy, now I'm the complete opposite. So strange...

1 comment:

James Douglass said...

Yyyyeah!

Man, I was stoked the other day because I got the rare chance to use my "small" 5.8 sail. I gotta get back to the left coast.

I know what you mean about ankles feeling funny when you're overpowered blasting on a center-footstrapped board. I've noticed that with a shorter fin or a narrower board it's not so bad, though, especially if you get the footstraps the right tightness.