Friday, October 3, 2008

Maui Trip Day One: An open letter to Lucas

(Lucas was my best windsurfing buddy on the east coast.)

Dear Lucas,

I just finished my first day in Maui and I felt the urge to write this to you. No, I don't want to brag about how awesome it is or go on and on about the warm blue water and incredible conditions. I want to tell you that every vacation that you take between now and your first trip to Maui is a huge mistake.

Don't get me wrong: I can appreciate you going on snowboarding trips, whitewater kayaking trips, summer cape cod trips. I've done fun stuff like this too! Being well rounded is great and all, but honestly, windsurfing is the funnest and you know it.

Let's face it, vacation time is precious. We both know that. That's why I'm writing this to you. Want to go skiing? Great. Want to surf in Costa Rica? You can surf in Maui. Want to visit a big city? Don't bother.

I implore you to go to Maui.

Yours in Robby,


Aaron

3 comments:

George Markopoulos said...

now now Aaron, no need to rub it in, lest the Gods of good fortune take the wind from your sail! seriously though, you are 100% correct, Maui IS the most perfect place in the world, whether you windsurf or not.
Glad your discovering it for the first time! put up some pictures!

Catapulting Aaron said...

George, don't get me wrong, I'm not rubbing. I'm only hoping my buddy makes the right decision in the near future ;)

Luke said...

So it's that good, huh? I have to admit, I was kinda hopin it would suck so I would feel vindicated for my staunch resistance to the maui "blue pill." No such luck it seems.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. You're words will be well heeded, unless I come to San Fransisco first. Or maybe Baja?