Yesterday I went to a physical therapist to find out if there was anything I could do to get back on the water soon. She dug around my ribs a bit and seemed to think that they were healing pretty well. She told me I ought get back into cardio so that it won't heal too stiff. I also was prescribed some exercises that will help me get my range of motion back (mainly lost due to me holding my arm like a broken wing these last few weeks). I also have been cleared to do some "light" windsurfing (whatever that means). But seriously I'm going to stick to the flat spots for a week or so in order to avoid stressing the injured area. Of course-- we're at the end of the season and the wind seems to be slowly going the way of the Dodo out here.
Maui is just a few short weeks away! I need to max it out at work now so I can relax a little more in the Pacific. I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm beyond stoked about this trip.
My buddy Mac just came back from a sweet trip in the Baja peninsula. I was going to go this year, but his write up was so good it made me feel like I made it anyway :-D. My buddies from the bay are going to San Carlos these next couple weeks. I hope they scored like the rest did!
I'm running downstairs right now to make my car battle ready! Yee!
The Day the Donalds Came to FGCU
17 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment