Wednesday, February 15, 2012

If you lived in Southern Chile

If you lived in Southern Chile, your Tuesday afternoon session might look something like this.

I ditched my gear for a few weeks to do some standard backpacking style travel in the Lake Region of Chile and saw this scene going on in a town called Puerto Varas. I sat there by the lake for about and hour and saw little white caps developing across the deep blue water. I started picturing myself zooming across the water in the incredible scene just moments before I saw that exact thing happening right before my eyes. A small part of me died that day knowing I couldn't join them, but I was happy to be able to grab some shots of these Llanquihue Lake windsurfers in front of Osorno Volcano as well as some other unidentified (by me) mountains.


James Douglass said...

Wow! That's a pretty scene. It looks like the Oregon of the Southern Hemisphere. Did that dude ever get planing?

Catapulting Aaron said...

These guys were planing a good amount... they were better centered in front of the volcano when they weren't planing though... ha!

I think there was a photo in a magazine recently that said you can't actually see the mountains in the Gorge from the water unless you're in exactly the right place. I thought the cool thing about this place is that you could always see the mountains from all directions on the lake they were sailing.