My company is requiring everyone to take a week vacation in the near future which has me in a bit of a pickle. I've got money budgeted for a windsurfing trip, but the question is: Where to?
Here are the best January options I can see:
1. La Ventana, Baja
+ 75% chance of wind
+ Less expensive than the other options
+ Nice conditions from what I've seen and read... sunny!
- Wind might be more like "kiting wind" 15-20, not the 20+ I've grown to love.
- Camping is cheap, but rooms are expensive... do I want to camp on vacation?
- No night life
2. Costa Rica
+ 100% chance of gorge-like wind
+ It's the jungle in freakin' Costa Rica -- how cool!
- overcast weather usually at the windsurfing area
- 0 night life
- Maybe chillier than the other options
+ It's Maui! Windsurfing heaven, etc etc
+ I already know some really cool people down there
- 50% chance of wind, plus the potential for swell that I couldn't handle
- Getting skunked on a windsurfing trip would be unfun. I know, I know other stuff to do, but I really want to grab a boom on this trip.
- I was there a few months ago
So, my dear readers. What would you choose?
February Shmebruary...4.7 at Sebonac Inlet Y'all!
14 hours ago